The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) have Collaborated since October 2004 to formulate a strategic development plan for development of Lat Krabang Subcenter. The Pilot Project has been selected for the study. Objectives of the study are:
1. To identify and assess potential impacts on physical, natural, and social environmental caused by the pilot project for area development with land readjustment method which is planned under the JICA Study.
2. To propose necessary mitigation measures on predicted impacts for the pilot project.
3. To prepare preliminary environmental monitoring and management plan for the pilot project, and
4. To assist implementation of EIA with future considerable development projects in the pilot study area which is required EIA.
Scopes of services are as followings:
• Study in both environmental and social aspects in order to identify potential environmental impacts caused by the implementation of the Pilot Project.
• Suggesting Mitigation Measures and Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans for the Pilot Project implementation.
• Identify projects requiring EIA from development projects in the Pilot Project implementation
|Name of Project||Environmental and Social Consideration Survey (Pre-EIA-Level) for the Study on Implementation of BMA Subcenters Program (Case of lat Krabang)|
|Location||Lat Krabang District, Bangkok|
|Client||Nippon - Koei Co., Ltd., Japan (as JACA Study Team)|
|Duration||December 2005 - February 2006|